FORMER CASA LITTORIA
Caravaggio Casa Littoria was the building housing the local branch of the National Fascist Party in 1939. The name Casa Littoria is after the lictor, meaning the bearer of the fasces, which was the symbol of Imperial Roman power adopted by the Fascist party, from which the term fascism is derived. The building is a good example of rationalist architecture under the Fascist regime. After the regime’s downfall, the building was turned over to the Italian state and converted into public housing and later abandoned.
The building has preserved the fascist effigy of an eagle and the motto on the front side as well as the colonnade where rallies would be held.
The former Casa Littoria is closed to the public for safety reasons.
Location: via Amilcare Bietti 50, at short distance from Caravaggio train station and approximately 1.5 km (0.9 mi) from the A35 Brebemi motorway exit. The nearest parking spaces are in viale Papa Giovanni XXIII and via Amilcare Bietti.
For information please contact the Cultural Office (Ufficio Cultura) at cultura.comune.caravaggio.bg.it